Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3 Months of FREEDOM (Chapter 1)

DRIVING FRENZY

i started in january (late january). At first of course we had to sit for the 5 hour long lecture thingy and the worst thing was i was ALONE. i had no one to accompany me.....how sad.....but at the lecture place i saw jonathan. yay......finally someone i know. But he already finished his undang and stuff and was already practicing driving. But it was still good to see someone familiar. So i sat through the lecture (which was pretty boring). Just wanted to get through with it.

Oh ya......and my driving instructor speaks chinese. But he has to speak in malay with me. The embarrassing thing was that after the lecture......i was waiting to go home. My instructor actually sent his son to pick me up with a few others. His son doesn't know me. So he was searching for someone who has the surname 'kwan'. But of course he was speaking in chinese. so i waited........and he waited.......and he asked me if my surname was kwan (in chinese).....i didn't understand and i said..............................no. So embarrassing. But in the end i managed to clear things...kinda....... and went home....lol......trying not to think of this ever again.

then was the undang test.....we had to study the textbook which i didn't have......so i borrowed it from carol.......lol......Well.....i passed and had to go straight for the pra-L lecture.....but i think i kinda messed up the book......(sorry carol). Anyway......i didn't have trouble going home this time. and i got my L.

Then....on my first day of real practical driving.....i had trouble but managed somehow....but on the way back.....my instructor asked me to drive home....(not the whole way though). WHAT??????? on my first day!!!!! How was i supposed to drive on the road when all i practised was in the circuit.......on my FIRST day......but i reached home safe and sound though....phew...

Then...on my second day of driving......still haven't perfected the bahagian A tests. and all of a sudden........my instructor asked me to take the QTI (this is like a trial test before the real test) WHAT???????on my second day!!!!! How was i suppose to take the QTI when i haven't mastered the basics and only driven on the jalan raya route once or twice. This was not fun. But i had no choice.....so i had to do what i can....(which wasn't really good)...my parking was not good and so was my jalan raya....but passed.....(not to me though)..But i had to drive home after that and that was when i got into an accident. Nothing serious though. Just another car tried to overtake me and knocked the front of the kancil i was driving....my instructor said it wasn't my fault (hope he's right) but i think the other guy was blaming me. But since nothing serious happened....everything was settled........all this on my second day.

Then....the third day.....i was getting better....but still fumbling at times.....learned different routes for the jalan raya test.....and was told that my real test would be on the 12th of April.

one week plus after my third lesson (22nd March)....my instructor calls at like 6 sth in the morning.....i was obviously still sleeping....so my mum took the phone.....he told my mum to wake me for some driving....but i actually had already planned something on that day. i was supposed to go to james house to learn some ikatan for the upcoming king scout's camp (another huge headache). But my instructor said it was a must because............it was my JPJ test. WHAT????????On the 22nd of March!!!!!......but he told me it was 12th April. He said he saw my name in the list or sth like that. FYI i was totally not ready......still fumbling at certain areas and not remembering all the routes and havent driven for a week plus. How was i supposed to take the test????? But my mum put her foot down and said no.....phew.....thanks mum. So i guess he would have to find another date which would probably be in May....haiz.....not our fault though.
i haven't gotten any calls from him since....maybe he doesn't want to teach me anymore....lol

On that day itself... i was on the way to james' house. my mum was driving. There was like a crossroad before his house and my mum didn't see a motorcyclist and i think the motorcyclist didn't see us too and............WHAM!!!!!BOOM!!!!CRASH!!!!!.....ok i exaggerated a bit....it wasn't that bad...but it was scary........everyone was alright though.Thank God everyone was safe.....
then... we saw that our car had a flat tyre. just great...but it was an opportunity to change the tyres.....and at that moment james wanted to buy his breakfast so he cycled down and saw us......so he helped change the tyre....i helped too.....it was sort of fun.....lol....

so.......i haven't actually had much happy experiences driving......i just hope i'll be able to pass the JPJ test........should be able to.......right?

2 comments:

流浪汉 瑜伽 Yoga Tramp said...

NICE BLOG & THK FOR SHARING, NICE TO MEET U & WISH ALL THE BEST TO U

Aravin said...

hahahahhahaha......seems like u have had fun drivin....the ans for ya question...is WHY U ASKIN US??? ITS NOT LIKE U HAVEN'T PASSED ALL THE EXAMS U HAVE SAT FOR IN THE PAST RITE???......hahahahhah...dun worry lar...u'll do great....