Friday, July 10, 2009

Sacrifice

'My hand trembled as i held my pendrive tightly. I knew i didn't want to do it. But i had to. I closed my eyes as i sacrificed my pendrive for the sake of the team.'

Okay...this was heavily exaggerated. It was actually the last day to hand in our magazines for the nie thingy. And due to a little miscommunication, our frontpage was not even printed yet. So we had to get permission from a teacher to use the computer lab to search the internet for the picture. But of course we had to print it out. And unfortunately, the printer in the computer lab was out of order. So the only way was to save it in the pendrive and print it somewhere else. And i was the only one with a pendrive. Haiz.

Don't get me wrong. If we were in any other place i would gladly use my pendrive (i think). The problem was that we were using the COMPUTER LAB computers which are famous for viruses. But i had to anyway. So we printed the picture in the bio lab. And everything was done just in time (i loved our magazines by the way). So, everyone lived happily ever after.

Okay....not so happy though. I scanned my pendrive in my computer for viruses and guess what? There were over a 100 detected viruses. So the antivirus spyware thingy got rid of the viruses and just to be safe i reformated my pendrive. And that was the last day my computer could be used. After that incident, my computer couldn't be turned on. Sth abt wondows being corrupted.

All my songs and documents (secretary paperwork) and pictures and photos, everything was wiped out. MY SONGS!!!!! NOOOOO!!!!! MY PHOTOS!!!! T_T. To make things worse, it was not just my documents but my brother's and mum's and not forgetting our short stories that we wrote and saved. All gone. Sad. My dad sent it to a friend who could help. He said he would try to save the documents (if it was possible) but if the virus was too bad, he would have to reformat. And guess what? It can't even be reformated. This means that we would have to get a whole new computer. There goes a few thousand dollars.

Well, i guess this shows that when we make decisions in life, we would have to be prepared to suffer the consequences. Or maybe if we have to make choices, we need to think it through because in most cases, our actions will not only affect ourselves but others as well.

But thank God, that my dad's friend was able to find some way to reformat and he said that he saved some documents or sth like that. I haven't gotten it back. I just hope everything will be fine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

next time... i think you should partition your hard drive... use c drive for your OS and other programs and then d drive to save all your personal information.... we do that in our family computers... this way if the virus or anything destroys the hard drive... all we have to do is reformat c drive... d drive is safe along with all the other documents...

K.P. Fern said...

ah yes....our computer crahsed a lot before. so we're smarter now and did wtv arnan just mentioned. so sorry for you.if u need archie songs or kris songs, i can send them to u. after all, u gave it to me. haha

Liz said...

Sighhh. That's soo sad. I didn't know it was that bad >.<
So all your stories are gone??? Seriously??? That's a TRAGEDY!!! :(